1. DO NOT obsess about the weight “The best scale is the clothes”. You must assess your evolution with more objective data such as clothes, the one that suits you best, the one that you could be able to wear pants that did not enter you before, feel more de-inflamed and light.
The value of the weight varies a lot depending on the moment in which you weigh yourself, the conditions, the amount of water you have drunk, the food you have consumed, the regularity of your intestinal transit, the hormonal cycle in which you are and even the level of stress you currently have.
You can have a control of the weight, to see evolution, but that is not daily nor the only parameter to take into account.
2. Learn to say NO and identify possible SABOTEADORES. The saboteur is that part of you that weakens you by making excuses not to do something you want or have to do.
You have to learn to say NO but you also have to learn to eat by your own decision, with knowledge of the cause and not by inertia, not because the situation leads to it, or because the environment encourages you to do so.
You have to learn to make the decision that most appeals to you, the option that best suits your objective or your situation.
3. Be consistent and persevering with your goal. Do not give up at the slightest failure in the pattern. Think that it is a change of habits what you are doing so you should not demand to do it perfect but keep it in time and make small improvements.
Any advance in your behavior, in your way of eating, is an advance towards your goal that will allow you to achieve it and above all, maintain it.
4. Plan your meals.
Make a weekly plan of your meals and based on it, make the shopping list. If the purchase is not planned, it is very likely that you end up eating or chopping anything that may harm the quality of your diet and make it difficult to lose weight.
The presence at home of unhealthy foods increases the possibility of failure, so it could be said that it is a determining factor of short and long-term success.
Go ahead and try new things! It is not only the frequency of consumption of different foods that marks the variety and difference in your daily diet but the way you eat them and present them. It will allow you to enjoy more of the change you are making.
5. Prioritizes the consumption of water compared to other types of drinks
It is the main component of our body. Maintaining a good state of hydration is very important and it is recommended to drink 1.5 to 2 liters of fluid per day. Besides being the best resource to quench our thirst, it can serve to control the impulse of hunger by contributing to feel more satiated during the day.
6. Use the plate method
When planning your meals and dinners I advise you to keep in mind the dish method that will help you ensure that they are balanced, several and to delimit quantities. Always give preference, with half of your plate, to both raw and cooked vegetables.
With salads the amount ingested is not usually enough, so you should not forget to also consume vegetables.
A quarter of the plate should be protein in the form of egg, meat, fish, seafood, vegetable protein or legume and the other quarter of the plate should be composed of carbohydrates such as pasta, rice, potato or bread. The dessert can be a piece of fruit or a dairy dessert.
7. Take care of your free time, your body, your rest and love yourself a lot
Do activities that are pleasurable and that help you to get away from problems and to release stress.
If your life is full of pleasant things, you will not need to be filling your stomach at all times or release your stress with food. In addition, living without so much stress is the secret of a better quality of life. Take care at an emotional level.